My Report – Frogs

In Room 10 we have been focusing on our reports since we finished with our Narratives. I enjoyed reports much more than Narratives. I really liked this because it was fun looking at facts about frogs. Here is mine

~ frog report! ~

Frogs are small unique creatures that people often misjudge. They are very fascinating when you get to know them and they have lots of interesting features such as using their eyes to help swallow their food. Crazy right? This report will tell you facts about frogs, including where they live, what they eat and much more.

Frogs are amphibians, which means their habitat would most likely be lakes and swamps, but amphibians can also live on land. They lay their eggs in the water as well. Although frogs live on land their habitat must be near swamps, ponds or in a damp place. This is because they will die if their skin dries out.

Frogs only eat living insects because any other food may cause them to be unwell. The best food to feed them would be crickets. They absolutely love them and it is totally safe for them to eat. Frogs have a very different palette than other animals, so if you want to have them as a pet you would have to know what they eat.

Some frogs are actually poisonous, which may be a surprise to some people. If you would want to know what frogs are poisonous and which are not you can look for these signs. 

Bright Coloured/ red, yellow ect.

Spiny ribs that protrude from their skin

They make a sort of “hissing” sound when predators are near them.

Overall, I think frogs are small creatures that I absolutely love and I wonder why they aren’t other people’s favourite animals!