SLJ Summer Styles Kick Start

Fakaalofa Lahi Atu, Bloggers!

This is part 2 of my SLJ Marathon. For the second blog post today, we are looking at colour contrast in the Summer Styles activity. (To explain colour contrast in the easiest way, it is basically where you put 2 opposite colours ‘together’ such as blue and red.)

I picked to do google drawings and for my word I chose my name! (Emilee). For the center piece (my name), I chose to do warm colours e.g red, yellow etc. with a cool coloured background.

I had so much fun doing this activity because I got to learn more about contrasting colours and using my imagination to create a cool art piece

Here is my google drawing:

Is there anything I could have done better? What is your favourite part of the artwork?

One thought on “SLJ Summer Styles Kick Start

1. Kia ora Emilee,

Sorry about the delayed response to your wonderful blogs. Due to a settings issue we have now fixed we were unable to leave you a comment. We have however been keeping an eye out on your work and can see you have completed quite a few activities which is awesome to see. Keep up the blogging, it’s good brain exercise and a great way to keep your boredom at bay during this up and down weather.

You have written a good quality description. I like how you have separated your ideas into paragraphs. You explained colour contrast as matching colours that are opposite together. Why do you think colour contrast works so well?

I love art tasks because they give you a chance to be creative, think outside the box and follow your artistic instincts. What is your favourite thing about art?

This would make a cool piece of art for your bedroom. What do you think?

Keep up the blogging Emilee,
    Anna
    SLJ