Recreating Portraits – SLJ

I haven’t been keeping up with the SLJ, so I decided that today in my free time I would do some~! The first one I am doing is ‘Recreating Portraits’. I saw this one and I thought it was really cool! I didn’t have much resources so I tried to find an easy one.

The artist who created the art piece I recreated was ‘Rudolph Haunser’

This is the art piece

Here is my replica!

3 thoughts on “Recreating Portraits – SLJ

1. Hi Emilee,

It’s Emma here from the Summer Learning Journey. It’s great to see you are getting into the summer activities already.
    What a unique painting! I hadn’t heard of Rudolph Hausner until now. Your post has inspired me to do some research and learn a bit about him.This painting you have chosen is close to 50 years old!
    I can see you must have made the hat for the photo, how resourceful of you. Did it take you a long time to make? I love getting to see everyones portrait recreations, you have done an awesome job with yours! Did you get to learn any interesting facts on new information whist doing this activity? Thanks for sharing a great post Emilee.

1. Hi Emma!

It’s great to see you are doing the Summer Learning Journey as well. The hat didn’t take me that long to make actually! I also learnt that this painting sold for 300,000 dollars!

1. Hi Emilee,

Wow I did wonder how much it would be worth, that is incredible. I wonder where in the world it is. I can’t wait to see more of your posts!