SLJ – Let’s Visit Mars!

Todays SLJ activity is all about… MARS! ☄

In this activity, we got to look at this site

We got to learn a lot more about the first rover that went to Mars in August, 2012 called ‘ Curiosity’ When we entered the site we got to see what Mars’s surface looked like and what Curiosity looked like aswell. I really liked this activity because it’s cool to think I was only a baby when a big, huge rover went on to Mars!

After researching and looking at facts, we got to make our own rover! I didn’t have much time to do this activity, but I think that this was one of my favourites! Here is my rover:

I called it Explorer because this rover of mine was the first rover to go to the sun! This rover also is indestructible and was made by a 8 year old girl in the year 3014.

What would you name YOUR rover? What is your favourite part about my rover?

2 thoughts on “SLJ – Let’s Visit Mars!

1. Kia Ora Emilee,

What an awesome activity, I like astronomy and studying the planets so it is so cool to see everyone get to explore Mars and the awesome Mars rover.

I love that you got creative on Google draw when creating your explorer and it sounds like you have created an entire backstory around how it was created. What would you add to it to make it capable of exploring the sun? I imagine a whole new material will need to be created for it to withstand the extreme heat of the sun.

What do you think the Mars rover does up there?

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Ka kite anō,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

2. Hi Emilee,
    Just popping in to check out your new work!
    I love the rover you’ve designed, and also the fact that you have imagined it is designed by someone from the future – how cool!
    Mars exploration is definitely an amazing topic, and it is quite crazy how they are able to put this technology in space!
    Hmmm I think I’d call my rover “Bravery”. Because being in space, you’d have to be brave!
    Look forward to seeing more of your work!
    Theresa (SLJ)